Saturday 10 May 2008

A year of silence

It's exactly a year since I stopped updating this blog. But 46 days, almost without misses, was definitely the longest I've ever managed to keep up any kind of diary or journal. Every attempt as a child petered out after just a day or so.

So here goes for another try. Can I beat 46 days?

According to Guinness World Records the record for keeping a daily diary is 91 years. Ernest Loftus of Zimbabwe began his diary in 1896 at age 12, and kept it until his death at 103. I'll be happy if I manage an almost-daily blog for 91 days!

By the way, you won't find that record on the GWR site. As they say on search "our website features only a small selection of the 40,000 records listed in the Guinness World Records database." A great shame in this information age.

But at least they do include the information that the longest ear hair is that of Radhakant Bajpai of india, at 13.2 cm (5.19 in).