Friday 4 May 2007

I've lost Kyrgyzstan again

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit how badly I did in this map game from Rethinking Schools.

I started off quite well, with Israel, Palestine, Egypt and Turkey fitting in nicely. Then I got Pakistan after a bit of confusion as to where India had got to. I knew Afghanistan bordered Pakistan, but it still took two tries. And then Iran, Iraq and Syria fitted in without too many problems.

But then I pretty much got stuck. I figured out where the 'stans should go, but had no idea which was which. I was convinced Saudi Arabia was a small country somewhere, goodness knows why. And I must have tried Libya in every position in the map before finding the right spot.

The only thing this game is missing is a final score. After all, everyone should get there eventually, but how fast? and with how many mistakes?

This is a great way to learn though, at least I should have some idea of where Mauritania is in the future.

p.s. I missed yesterday! Oops! Ah well, the (mostly) unbroken run was never going to last forever.